If you live in and/or near the U.S. you have probably heard of the subzero temperatures and extreme snowfall much of the Midwest and Northeast has experienced this week apparently due to a polar vortex.
Though those are the areas with the lowest temps and wind chills way below zero, I read that all 50 states experienced freezing temperatures on Tuesday, even Hawaii, and it was so cold that Anana, the polar bear at Chicago’s Lincoln Park Zoo, had to be housed indoors.
We didn’t get much snow in the Washington D.C. region, but it is still bone-chilling weather with temperatures down to 6 degrees. So I’ve been staying warm by bundling up and daydreaming of cozy winter wear this week.
Also, I realized I really like cable knit any thing, especially in neutral colors that are named after breakfast items like oatmeal and wheat.
1. Calvin Klein Two-Tone Infinity Scarf | Overstock.com | $32.99 (on sale)
2. Cable Knit Throw | Pottery Barn | $79
3. Basketweave Hat & Mitten Set | L.L. Bean | Currently sold out
4. Satechi USB Portable Amazing Humidifier | Amazon | $34.99
5. Classic Cardy Ugg Boots | Ugg Australia | $160
6. Shawl Cable Knit Cardigan | Gap | $44.95