This post is about two things I love: summer time and making lists.
- Enjoy as many summer sunsets as possible. I took the picture above a few weeks ago on a visit to the Capital Wheel at National Harbor.
- Pack a blanket and snacks and watch a film outdoors at the park.
- Make watermelon granita.
- Practice more yoga.
- Go hiking at Shenandoah National Park.
- Host a successful picnic or an alfresco dinner party.
- Go to an observatory and star gaze.
- Paddle boat on the Potomac.
- Make s’mores, preferably over a bonfire.
- Visit the Library of Congress.
- Go hang gliding.
- Visit Monticello, home of my favorite president.
Go to an outdoor concert.One Republic and The Script on June 27!
- Rent a bike from Capital Bikeshare and tour DC from a different perspective.
- Take a road trip to Philadelphia to see the Liberty Bell. And eat a cheesesteak. And a soft pretzel.
- Finish a beach read.
- Go to Busch Gardens and ride all the roller coasters.
- People watch in Dupont Circle.
- Go to a Nationals baseball game.
- Make homemade ice cream.
- Take a nap on a hammock or porch swing.
- Catch the meteor shower in August.
- Watch fireworks.
- Go to the beach (duh).
- Slow down and live in the moment.
What’s on your summer bucket list?