With yet another impending snowstorm for the D.C. region, most of my plans for this Saturday include the following: my couch, fuzzy socks, a cozy blanket, and various snacks.
So far, I’ve started the morning with a little online window-shopping. Check out some of my favorites below.
Hope everyone stays safe and warm out there!
This weekend the temps in the DC area climbed to near 60. And we’ve had some beautiful days with sunshine so far this week. I think it’s safe to say spring might finally be making its debut. After a particularly snowy winter, I am ready!
Of course, with spring weather come thoughts of warmer clothes. One of my favorite combinations for the season is white and cognac brown. As you can see, I eschew the you-can-only-wear-white-between-Memorial-Day-and-Labor-Day rule.
I think life is too short to have etiquette rules about how to eat sushi properly (apparently, we’ve all been doing it wrong), what to get your BFF and her husband on their first wedding anniversary (hint: a bottle of “good” liquor isn’t going to cut it), AND what color outfit is acceptable during certain months.
I can do two out of the three so I’m OK with wearing white before Memorial Day. Besides, I think the look is classic, crisp and clean. Perfect for spring!
Here’s what I’m dreaming about this week.
1. Lace Skirt in Winter White | Loft | $79.50
2. Hinged Skinny Belt in Classic Camel | Ann Taylor | $39.50
3. Dress with Rhinestone Necklace in White | Zara | $79.90
4. Michael Kors Giovanna Wedge Sandal in Luggage | Nordstrom | $149.95
5. Embroidered Buttoned Top in Ivory | J. Crew | $89.50
6. Tory Burch Robinson Wallet on a Chain in Luggage | Nordstrom | $295
Though I haven’t created a wish list post in a while, I’m going to go ahead and continue calling it Weekly Wish List because I like alliteration (and don’t like change so much).
Here are some of my favorites this week, inspired by all things love.
1. Toile De Josie Robe | Saks Fifth Avenue | $68
2. Valentine Macarons Cooking Class | Sur la Table | $69 per person
3. Kate Spade ‘Be Dazzling’ Scented Candle | Nordstrom | $40
4. Valentine’s Greeting Card | Emily McDowell | $4.50
5. Red Lace iPad Cover | World Market | $15.99 (on sale!)
6. Embroidered Love Map | DIY Project by Peanut Butter Fingers
If you live in and/or near the U.S. you have probably heard of the subzero temperatures and extreme snowfall much of the Midwest and Northeast has experienced this week apparently due to a polar vortex.
Though those are the areas with the lowest temps and wind chills way below zero, I read that all 50 states experienced freezing temperatures on Tuesday, even Hawaii, and it was so cold that Anana, the polar bear at Chicago’s Lincoln Park Zoo, had to be housed indoors.
We didn’t get much snow in the Washington D.C. region, but it is still bone-chilling weather with temperatures down to 6 degrees. So I’ve been staying warm by bundling up and daydreaming of cozy winter wear this week.
Also, I realized I really like cable knit any thing, especially in neutral colors that are named after breakfast items like oatmeal and wheat.
1. Calvin Klein Two-Tone Infinity Scarf | Overstock.com | $32.99 (on sale)
2. Cable Knit Throw | Pottery Barn | $79
3. Basketweave Hat & Mitten Set | L.L. Bean | Currently sold out
4. Satechi USB Portable Amazing Humidifier | Amazon | $34.99
5. Classic Cardy Ugg Boots | Ugg Australia | $160
6. Shawl Cable Knit Cardigan | Gap | $44.95